Tuesday, October 19, 2004

numero uno

Blogger suggested I participate in National Novel Writing Month, and since I do everything Blogger says, here I am.

I have no idea what kind of novel I'm going to be writing. I have 11 days to figure that out. If I come up with an idea before Nov. 1st, is it cheating to start writing the novel in October? What if I don't publish any of it until the 1st?

I guess I should explain why I titled this blog Pardon the Egg Salad. I got it from a poem by Billy Collins, Marginalia. It's one of my favorites. The last line is something someone wrote in a copy of Catcher in the Rye that Collins was reading, "Pardon the egg salad stains, but I'm in love."

2 Comments:

Blogger JoeinVegas said...

I love egg salad. Could you include some in your story?

10:44 PM  
Blogger Jennie said...

I'll try my best. I think egg salad is inherently funny, anyway.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home