Chapter Three
I felt better after I'd showered and had some water. Coffee sounded tempting since I was still tired, but I decided not to risk it. I grabbed my bookbag without looking to see if I had any of the books I needed for class. My Survival Notebook was in there; that was all I needed.
I walked out to the elevators. While I was waiting, I noticed that Sara's door was cracked. I could hear her, it sounded like she was on the phone with someone. Her boyfriend, judging by the hurt tone of her voice.
The elevator finally arrived, and luckily I rode the entire way down by myself. As I exited the building, I tried to remember where I'd parked my car. I hadn't driven anywhere in a few days. I was hoping I'd avoid Lucy, because she knew I didn't drive to class.
I wasn't going to class.
I actually hadn't been to any of my classes all week. No one knew that. Not Lucy, not Isaac, no one. Well, I supposed my professors knew, but they hadn't really seemed to care.
In the car, I tried to decide where to go to work on my plans. I could have gone to the school's library, but I might have run into someone who would know I should be in class. The public library was a possibility, but I went there yesterday. I finally decided I'd drive to the mall and go to Starbucks, thinking I'd be ready for some coffee by the time I got there.
Maybe I could pick up some more supplies while I was there. And something else to store them in.
I was running out of room in my footlocker.
I walked out to the elevators. While I was waiting, I noticed that Sara's door was cracked. I could hear her, it sounded like she was on the phone with someone. Her boyfriend, judging by the hurt tone of her voice.
The elevator finally arrived, and luckily I rode the entire way down by myself. As I exited the building, I tried to remember where I'd parked my car. I hadn't driven anywhere in a few days. I was hoping I'd avoid Lucy, because she knew I didn't drive to class.
I wasn't going to class.
I actually hadn't been to any of my classes all week. No one knew that. Not Lucy, not Isaac, no one. Well, I supposed my professors knew, but they hadn't really seemed to care.
In the car, I tried to decide where to go to work on my plans. I could have gone to the school's library, but I might have run into someone who would know I should be in class. The public library was a possibility, but I went there yesterday. I finally decided I'd drive to the mall and go to Starbucks, thinking I'd be ready for some coffee by the time I got there.
Maybe I could pick up some more supplies while I was there. And something else to store them in.
I was running out of room in my footlocker.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home