Chapter Eighteen
I woke up to a door slamming and Lucy singing. I rolled over in bed and Lucy shrieked.
"Oh my god, Jo, I didn't know you were here," she said.
"Sorry," I laughed. "I needed more sleep."
"I guess so," she said, and threw her bookbag on the futon. She sat down and turned on the TV. "It's 2 o'clock."
"Are you serious?"
"Totally serious. Why is your alarm clock on the floor?" she asked.
"I have no idea." I groaned and stretched, realizing with glee that my headache was completely gone.
"You were so funny last night," she said, changing channels. "I've never seen you so happy-drunk."
"Wonderful," I said. I slowly stood up and sighed with relief when my stomach didn't rebel against me.
"How do you feel?" Lucy asked.
"Better now that I've slept the entire day."
"Ha, I'll bet." Lucy put the remote down and turned around to look at me. "You look so pretty," she said.
I walked to the mirror and gasped. I looked like a raccoon. A rabid raccoon.
"I guess I'd better shower," I said, wondering how exactly my hair was actually standing on end. "Have you eaten lunch?"
"Not really. Want to get Wendy's when you're done?"
"Perfect." Wendy's was the best hangover cure I'd ever come across. Never mind that I didn't really have a hangover anymore, but it's been my experience that even if I woke up feeling OK (the second time, anyway) it didn't mean I was going to stay that way. I'd be lucky to still be feeling human in a couple of hours.
"So nothing bad happened last night?" I asked. Lucy looked at me strangely.
"Like what?"
"Oh, I don't know," I smiled. "I don't really remember much."
"Well, there was no drama, if that's what you mean," she said.
"Excellent."
"Were you expecting something bad to happen?" she asked, looking worried, probably thinking about whatever suspicions she'd gathered based on my weird behavior.
"Of course not," I said. "It just freaks me out when I don't remember stuff."
"Well, I'll fill you in as best I can at lunch."
"Sounds good," I said, and gathered my shower things.
"Great," Lucy laughed. "Now. Go get ready so you don't embarrass me."
"I'll do my best."
"Oh my god, Jo, I didn't know you were here," she said.
"Sorry," I laughed. "I needed more sleep."
"I guess so," she said, and threw her bookbag on the futon. She sat down and turned on the TV. "It's 2 o'clock."
"Are you serious?"
"Totally serious. Why is your alarm clock on the floor?" she asked.
"I have no idea." I groaned and stretched, realizing with glee that my headache was completely gone.
"You were so funny last night," she said, changing channels. "I've never seen you so happy-drunk."
"Wonderful," I said. I slowly stood up and sighed with relief when my stomach didn't rebel against me.
"How do you feel?" Lucy asked.
"Better now that I've slept the entire day."
"Ha, I'll bet." Lucy put the remote down and turned around to look at me. "You look so pretty," she said.
I walked to the mirror and gasped. I looked like a raccoon. A rabid raccoon.
"I guess I'd better shower," I said, wondering how exactly my hair was actually standing on end. "Have you eaten lunch?"
"Not really. Want to get Wendy's when you're done?"
"Perfect." Wendy's was the best hangover cure I'd ever come across. Never mind that I didn't really have a hangover anymore, but it's been my experience that even if I woke up feeling OK (the second time, anyway) it didn't mean I was going to stay that way. I'd be lucky to still be feeling human in a couple of hours.
"So nothing bad happened last night?" I asked. Lucy looked at me strangely.
"Like what?"
"Oh, I don't know," I smiled. "I don't really remember much."
"Well, there was no drama, if that's what you mean," she said.
"Excellent."
"Were you expecting something bad to happen?" she asked, looking worried, probably thinking about whatever suspicions she'd gathered based on my weird behavior.
"Of course not," I said. "It just freaks me out when I don't remember stuff."
"Well, I'll fill you in as best I can at lunch."
"Sounds good," I said, and gathered my shower things.
"Great," Lucy laughed. "Now. Go get ready so you don't embarrass me."
"I'll do my best."


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home