Chapter Five
Lucy walked out of her 12 o'clock class and took a deep breath. The class had seemed to last forever. She walked quickly through Wilde Hall and almost ran into someone.
"Oh, hey, Issac," she said, once recognition hit.
"Hey, Lucy. How's it going?" Isaac waved to a couple of his frat brothers.
"Pretty good. What are you up to?"
"Just finished class. I was actually gonna go grab some lunch and go see Jo," he said, fiddling with his bookbag.
"Yeah, about Jo . . ." Lucy said, her eyes narrowed.
"What? Something wrong?"
"Yeah, well, no, not exactly."
"What then?" Isaac asked.
"She hasn't been sleeping."
"What do you mean?"
"I mean, she stays up half the night drinking coffee and then wakes up at the crack of dawn."
"Jesus." Isaac rubbed his forehead and rearranged his baseball cap. "What do you think's going on?"
"You had no idea?"
"Well, she hasn't slept over in a while."
"How long?"
"I guess about . . . I don't know, two weeks?"
"That long?" Lucy asked.
"Yeah."
"There's something else."
Isaac sighed. "Yeah?"
"I don't think she's been going to class," Lucy said.
"Are you sure?"
"Pretty sure. I think she pretends to go, but she's never doing homework or anything and I saw her getting out of her car the other day when she was supposed to be in class."
"Shit," Isaac muttered. "What do you think's going on?"
"I don't know. You're her boyfriend."
"Yeah, and you're her roommate."
"Well, what am I supposed to do, spy on her?" Lucy realized she was yelling and took a deep breath. "Look. Something is definitely up, and I think it has to do with that notebook she's always carrying around."
"Notebook?"
"Yeah, she writes in it when she thinks I don't see."
"Weird."
"Aren't you worried?" Lucy asked.
"Well, yeah, but I don't want to jump to conclusions. Someone just needs to talk to her."
"I think it sound be you," Lucy said.
"Yeah. This afternoon. I will." He turned to go, apprently finished with the discussion.
"Oh, Isaac?"
He turned back around. "Yeah?"
"Ask her about her footlocker."
"Her footlocker?"
"She's always messing with it. And she keeps it locked."
Isaac looked down and shook his head.
"Fine," he said. "Whatever."
"Oh, hey, Issac," she said, once recognition hit.
"Hey, Lucy. How's it going?" Isaac waved to a couple of his frat brothers.
"Pretty good. What are you up to?"
"Just finished class. I was actually gonna go grab some lunch and go see Jo," he said, fiddling with his bookbag.
"Yeah, about Jo . . ." Lucy said, her eyes narrowed.
"What? Something wrong?"
"Yeah, well, no, not exactly."
"What then?" Isaac asked.
"She hasn't been sleeping."
"What do you mean?"
"I mean, she stays up half the night drinking coffee and then wakes up at the crack of dawn."
"Jesus." Isaac rubbed his forehead and rearranged his baseball cap. "What do you think's going on?"
"You had no idea?"
"Well, she hasn't slept over in a while."
"How long?"
"I guess about . . . I don't know, two weeks?"
"That long?" Lucy asked.
"Yeah."
"There's something else."
Isaac sighed. "Yeah?"
"I don't think she's been going to class," Lucy said.
"Are you sure?"
"Pretty sure. I think she pretends to go, but she's never doing homework or anything and I saw her getting out of her car the other day when she was supposed to be in class."
"Shit," Isaac muttered. "What do you think's going on?"
"I don't know. You're her boyfriend."
"Yeah, and you're her roommate."
"Well, what am I supposed to do, spy on her?" Lucy realized she was yelling and took a deep breath. "Look. Something is definitely up, and I think it has to do with that notebook she's always carrying around."
"Notebook?"
"Yeah, she writes in it when she thinks I don't see."
"Weird."
"Aren't you worried?" Lucy asked.
"Well, yeah, but I don't want to jump to conclusions. Someone just needs to talk to her."
"I think it sound be you," Lucy said.
"Yeah. This afternoon. I will." He turned to go, apprently finished with the discussion.
"Oh, Isaac?"
He turned back around. "Yeah?"
"Ask her about her footlocker."
"Her footlocker?"
"She's always messing with it. And she keeps it locked."
Isaac looked down and shook his head.
"Fine," he said. "Whatever."


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home