Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Chapter Twenty

Saturday was totally wasted. By the time we got back from Wendy's, it was almost 4. And by the time Lucy and I finished watching two movies, it was almost 8. We had just finished Bridget Jones's Diary when someone knocked on the door.

"Come in!" Lucy and I yelled in unison. The door opened and Isaac walked in carrying his bookbag.

"Nice welcome," he said. "What have you guys been doing?" he asked and plopped on the futon next to me.

"Oh, nothing," I said, resting my head on his shoulder. "The usual, sleeping til two, nursing a hangover, starring mindlessly at the TV. We did manage to shower and eat, though."

"I'm so proud," he said, reached into his bag and pulled out a twelve pack of Bud Light. "Are you guys ready for round 2?"

I groaned and threw a blanket over the beer.

"Is that a yes?" Isaac asked, grinning.

"I'm never drinking again," I said, dramatically flinging my arm over my face. "From this day forth, I will be Sober Jo."

"You always say that," Lucy said.

"Yeah, well, this time I mean it."

"Well, girls, I just came by to drop this off," Isaac said and stood up. "And, of course, to formally invite you to Night 2 at the house."

"Night 2?" Lucy asked.

"Yeah, well, we had a keg left over from last night. Tonight will be much smaller though, I swear."

"Promise?" I asked.

"Promise."

"Ok," I sighed. "I suppose we can make an appearance."

"I knew you would," he laughed. "See you there," he yelled, walking down the hall.

"Bye! Love you!" I shouted and then covered my mouth. Lucy looked over at me, eyes wide and grinning.

"Did you just say 'love you'?" she asked and grabbed my arm.

"Shit. Did I?" My face felt hot.

"You so did!"

"It's just an expression!" I shouted.

"You love him! You want to marry him and have lots of sex and babies!" Lucy yelled, bouncing up and down on the futon.

"Shut up!" I shrieked and swatted her. "And stop stealing movie lines."

"I can't help it, I'm excited."

"Uh-huh," I said, distracted. "Do you think maybe he didn't hear me?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home